Opportunity with Paramed
Where: .[City, Province]
Position: Personal Support Worker
TERM: Full time/Part time
Reply to: email@example.com
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will provide individualized care that is sensitive to the clients’ unique needs, providing assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s) through a client specific assignment working under the direction of and in collaboration with a regulated health care professional. Care will take place in the community, within a client’s home.
- Diploma or Certificate from a PSW course recognized by the Ministry of Advanced
- Education and Skills Development
- Experience with elderly populations is preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both through oral and written mediums
- Demonstrate compassion, tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients and their families
- Following the care plan, assist the client to safely perform ADL’s including personal care, meal preparation and home management
- Safely assist client in ambulation and transfers
- Perform delegated tasks or restricted tasks within the Care Plan as directed and/or supervised by the Regulated Health professional
- Assist the client to maximize abilities by promoting client independence
Provides cognitive, social, emotional, psychological, support to the client and family
- Provide clear, timely communication to the supervisor and other appropriate Health Care team members regarding changes to or concerns of the client’s status, interventions or activities
- Properly maintain documentation regarding client activities, progress and treatment plans consistent with ParaMed’s policies.
- Adhere to the ParaMed policies in all interactions with clients, families or other parties ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
- other duties as assigned
The PSW demonstrates a client focused philosophy of care in all interactions, ensuring the safe performance of interventions as they complete the care plan with assigned clients.
For postings in Ontario
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act and ParaMed’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed’s hiring process
To apply for this position, submit your resume to Marz Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org , stating “Personal Support Worker, [CITY]” in the subject line, by [DATE]. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.